This notice set out certain information which we are required to provide you about your personal data.
Our Privacy Notice
Who are we?
We are Motorshopne. You can contact us at email@example.com or by calling 01642 965800. Our address is Snowdon Road, Middlesbrough, TS2 1LP.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we use includes:
- Identity and contact data.
- Financial and transaction data.
- Technical data – mainly by automated means including your internet address, data for logging in, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, data on the operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website].
- Profile data – including your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, interests, preferences, and information inputted by you.
- Usage data – including information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and communications data – including [your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences].
How we collect your data
3.1The data we obtain about you will have been received from you, via automated means or interactions, and from third parties, like Motasoft Ltd and other service providers, analytics providers, financial and transaction services providers, and delivery service providers.
How we use your personal data
The purposes for which we use personal data include:
- Registering you as a customer.
- Supplying or arranging the supply of goods or services.
- Manage your relationship with us and third parties who supply services to you and on our behalf
- [enable you to participate in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey.]
- Improve our website, services, marketing or customer relationships.
- Recommend products or services which may be of interest to you.
- Carry out any other purpose made known at the time your personal data is collected.
How we share your personal data
5.1We may share your personal data with third parties such as our suppliers.
Your legal rights
6.1Under certain circumstances, you may ask us for access to, rectification or erasure of personal data, a restriction of data processing about you, and to stop processing anything where you have an objection. You may also be entitled to take data with you (data portability) in some circumstances.6.2You may complain about data protection matters to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
What’s our legal basis for collecting the information?
7.1The bases we use for processing personal data will include:
- Serving our legitimate interests.
- Performing any contract with you or exploring a potential contract.
- Complying with legal obligations, which normally means disclosing data where we have to do so by law.
- Where we rely on consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
7.2Our legitimate interests include conducting and managing our business, including marketing and direct marketing to our customers (subject to any right to unsubscribe), to enable us to supply you with services. We consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. You can obtain further information by contacting us.
For how long do we keep personal data?
8.1We keep personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, and to satisfy any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. If there is complaint or dispute or it appears there may be, we may extend that period if there is or is likely to be a complaint or dispute.8.2We consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the data, the risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the purposes, the alternatives, and any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other considerations when deciding how long to keep things.8.3Without affecting the above, we retain data relevant to your use of the services for the duration of your registration as part of the service to enhance our service and your experience.
9.1We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. Please contact us if you wish us to update your personal data preferences.
Promotional offers from us
10.1We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).10.2You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased [goods or services] from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
11.1We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
Our Cookie Notice
What are cookies?
2.1Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
What kinds of cookies do we use?
The following kinds of cookies may be used on this website:
- Session cookies: These enable us to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. They allow you to proceed through many pages of the site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, a session cookie remembers your selections when you request services so that your service request can be recorded and processed correctly.
- Log-in (“remember me”) cookies: Persistent cookies (up to 12 months) remember your details and speed up your sign in when you return to our website.
3.2By continuing to use our website, having seen our cookie notice, we assume that you consent to use of the cookies outlined above.
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Microsoft.NETTracks any information that is stored during a visit of the site. Will only be created when it is needed and will expire at the end of the session.|
|_gac_*||Google AdwordsContains google adwords campaign related information for the user.|
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmc, ga, gat, gid, 1P_JAR, CONSENT, NID, OGPC, DV, UULE, APISID, HSID, SAPISID, SID, SIDCC, SSID||Google AnalyticsThese cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.|